The construction superintendent works closely with a construction project manager to make sure that the project stays on time and on budget. The Superintendent will supervise construction workers and all subcontractors with the objective of achieving a high standard of quality and completing within schedule and budget.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budgets, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans, specifications, blue prints and can apply them to a project.
- Maintains positive relationships with owners and their representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and the other employees.
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and subcontractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing codes.
- Provide daily and weekly progress reports
Experience & Qualifications
- Completes job to an on-time finish
- Knowledge of tools of the trade
- 5 – 10+ years of successful Commercial/Retail/Municipal Construction Superintendent experience.
- Heavy ground-up & interior finish-out experience
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of commercial construction.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Problem solver
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
Job Type: Full-time
Complete the following information, then submit: